Founded in 1900 by members of the Lexington community, Family
Counseling Service (FCS) is a non-profit organization that has been a
leader in providing clinical and therapeutic services at affordable rates
to Lexington-Fayette County and the surrounding Central Kentucky
counties for over a century. Throughout nearly 110 years of service to
Kentuckians, FCS has evolved while still maintaining its dedication
to helping individuals cope with life's problems. Today, FCS serves
a diversity of clients through a multidisciplinary staff of experienced
mental health clinicians while supported by a loyal and active
Board of Directors.
- To be responsive and respectful to all (clients, vendors, board, staff).
- To provide quality service that meets the needs of the Central Bluegrass Region.
- To be aware of the importance of our legacy and mission and to continuously strive to enhance and expand services that will meet the ever evolving needs.
- To build a strong supportive team dedicated to the mission of Family Counseling Service.
- To provide an environment that embraces change and growth for all.
- To build a sound financial foundation that will encourage others to invest in the success of Family Counseling Service.
- To partner with other non-profit organizations to serve in the most effective and financially responsible manner when serving the region.